Mind-Body Physical Therapy
The Mind-Body Physical Therapy program at the IWD is unique as it offers yoga and pilates exercises, as well as fitness sessions in a relaxed health club like atmosphere. The Program is located off-site at the Rusk Institute NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Sports Therapy & Rehabilitation Center at 614 Second Avenue and 34th Street.
Initial evaluations and exercise programs are based on the primary diagnosis and may incorporate mind-body techniques such as yoga poses, pilates stretches and breathing exercises.
Individualized treatment sessions include:
- Pain management
- Balance and functional training
- Manual therapy
- Aquatic exercise
Participants in the IWD Physical Therapy program will experience:
- A thorough physical therapy assessment
- A favorable atmosphere
- Problem-specific individualized treatment sessions
- Guidelines and instruction for home exercises
- Access to the aquatic program (if qualified)
- A more active lifestyle